This can be an overwhelming and stressful time for your family. You will have many questions that need to be answered and we have the answers. Below are some common questions that you may have and brief answers which will help provide you with the information that you and your family need:
- We can’t even talk to each other, let alone make decisions together. Is mediation really appropriate for us?
- What is the cost of mediation and how much less is it than litigation?
- Will the agreement we reach in mediation be binding and enforceable?
- What is the difference between separation and divorce?
- How much child support will I pay?
- Will I pay or receive spousal support?
- What will happen to my retirement benefits?
- Can we reach a post-nuptial or prenuptial agreement through mediation?
- Why should your mediator be an attorney?
- In addition to the mediator, do I also need an attorney during the mediation process?
Don’t see the answer to your question? If you have additional questions or would like to speak to a certified mediator about your situation, please call us now at (631) 419-6111 or contact us online for a free consultation.